The world of digital marketing depends on new technologies that open the way for business advertising. Follow trends or not is the choice of marketers because not all of them are suitable for a particular industry. But anyway you should not ignore innovations to keep up with competitors and create a strong create video content strategy.
What is Video Advertising?
Video advertising is a type of online advertising that implies showing a commercial to the target audience on various thematic websites such as YouTube, Google Display Network partner websites, social networks, etc.
The main purpose of posting animated explainer videos on the Internet is related to the promotion and sale of goods and services, the creation of the image and formation of the company’s brand, increasing its recognition in the market, as well as strengthening the trust and loyalty of potential customers.
The advantages of video advertising include the ability to establish a dialogue between the user and the commercial, availability of targeting to determine the audience, maximum coverage of the audience and attraction of potential buyers, low cost of advertising shows, high engagement, and good click-through rate.
Types of Video Ads
There are several different types of video advertising to attract users. You should choose an ad type depending on the characteristics of the business. The best types of video advertising depending on the format are in the list below.
- Pre-roll ads are loaded at the beginning of viewing the selected content.
- Post-roll is one of the types of advertising videos that users see immediately after watching the main clip.
- Pause-roll is a format of ads that are displayed when you click on “pause”.
- Mid-roll is promotional content that interrupts the main viewed clip.
- Non-skippable in-stream is a format where ads are also shown at the beginning, middle, or end of a partner’s clip. The duration of this format is on average 15–20 seconds. At the same time, users will be able to go back to the selected content if they watch the clip to the end.
- TrueView in-stream are types of digital advertising that run at the beginning, middle, or end of a video on YouTube and websites on the Display Network. You can skip this announcement only 5 seconds after it starts.
Advertising on YouTube, which is displayed depending on the user data collected by Google, is an effective tool to convey information about goods and services to target markets. A quality YouTube ad can get millions of views.
TrueView Video Discovery is one of the types of internet advertising that appears on the YouTube-related videos list and search results page, as well as on the main page of the YouTube website.
Facebook and Instagram Video Add
Each social network has its own requirements for video content. For example, on Instagram and Facebook, you cannot make a video in the feed, where the text takes up more than 20% of the area. Targeted advertising in social networks is a powerful tool for both large brands and anyone who wants to reach the target audience.
LinkedIn Video Adds
LinkedIn ads are video advertising types that work well for building brand awareness across industries. The target audience for LinkedIn ads is more professional than Facebook or Instagram users. Therefore, such advertising is more often used for companies operating in the field of B2B or B2C, focused on a professional client. It’s worth noting that LinkedIn ad campaigns can cost more than Facebook or YouTube.
OTT And Streaming Media Services
OTT is an acronym for “over-the-top” which refers to an additional service that people can use to stream video content to a TV in addition to their cable package. For example, HBO Max users are subscribed to OTT at the same time.
74% of American households subscribe to streaming services. Therefore, OTT has huge potential for advertisers, and OTT advertising revenues have grown significantly in the past few years.
Native Video Adds
Native commercials pretend to be a meme or look like private social media videos. Such content fits organically into the feed and does not stand out from the general style of social network content.
Video advertising trends in 2023
Several advertising trends should be considered in 2023:
- The greater the flow of information, the less time to view content. Therefore, short video formats (up to two minutes) will remain in trend.
- Interaction with the audience in several related channels is trending.
- Google’s new data collection rules are forcing companies to change their approaches to collecting and storing information. The priority is the one that the business takes directly from users’ names, phone numbers, addresses, and demographics, fixing user behavior on the company’s platforms (website, applications).
- AR is used to improve customer experience. Users try on clothes or cosmetics online through the application and see how furniture and other items look in the interior. Visibility increases sales and simplifies the path to purchase.
Video advertising on the Internet allows you to convey the company’s message to almost any target audience. Animated video services are significantly cheaper and more effective than traditional TV advertising. It’s quick to launch and allows you to make changes in real time. All these pluses give advertisers a competitive advantage. The quality of motion video production for marketing directly affects the success of advertising, so you should contact only professionals.
Depending on the broadcast channel, there are several types of advertising videos such as videos for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and OTT.
Video advertising is a type of content that implies showing a commercial to the target audience on various thematic sites such as YouTube, Google Display Network partner websites, social networks, etc.
Video advertising has such important advantages as visibility, virality, wide reach, and high click-through rate.